Enjoy This Great Holiday Cranberry Recipe
Check this easy recipe for Cranberry Sauce for the holidays!
- With a 12 oz bag of frozen or fresh cranberries, empty into a sauce pan.
- Then transfer into a small bowl a 1/2 cup of the berries.
- Next add 1 cup of sugar add 1 zest of orange or lemon.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to pan and heat on low.
- Stir occasionally untill the berries and sugar are soft.
- Takes about 10 minutes from start to finish to make.
You can use the cranberry sauce on a number of holiday desserts like, fruitcakes, hot chocolate, and can be used for poultry, and meats, and cranberries are great with turkey of couse! And even goes great with beef, pork, and chichen!
Its been reported that the American Indian’s used cranberries as not only as a food source but, also to dye fabic and to use as medicine.
And it’s believed because of the abundance of cranberries at the time that the American Indian’s and the Pilgrims would have eaten them at the first Thanksgiving!