With food being in short supply and doing what you can to purchase it, I thought I would post this list as a way to keep vegetables and fruit last a bit farther, these tips I wasn’t up to speed on myself and found them online. These tips can be used at all times of the year they were posted now as a way for us all to make the best of the foods we have in this virus crisis. Bob
- Vegetables like, Cabbage, Carrots, Broccoli, Celery, would stay fresher in a container or produce bag in your fridge. and should be kept in a diffent part away from fruit. Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, should not be stored in fridge! Mushrooms are best in a paper bag.
- Loose lealy greens like, letture, chard, kale, and more should be washed and dried and wrapped loosely in a paper towels and placed in a perforlated plastic bag in a refrige drawer.
- To keep banana’s fresh, cover up the stems in some plastic wrap, Recover the banana’s with the wrap after removing one. [Potatoes can be left out on counter also] “Remember to dry your washed Veggies“
- Keeping your fruit fresher longer sush as, Grapes, Apples, Berries, stored in their packaging and in the fridge, [Berries can last up to a week] Fruit should not be washed before storing in fridge.
- Remember plastic bags with tiny vents can keep your fruit lasting longer by releasing the moisture.
- Milk and eggs should never be stored on refridge door.
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com