Sweet Potato Jack-o-Lanterns with Cinnamon Sugar!
Recipe by: Elise Bauar simplyrecipes.com
Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes Yield: Makes 16 to 22 rounds.
One 1 1/2 to 2 pound sweet potato, in a even cylindrical shape if possible, wide enough for your cookie cutter form to cut out patterns 3 Tbsp butter, melted (for dipping) 6 Tbsp white granulated sugar (for dredging) 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
You will need a pumpkin cookie cutter small enough to fit wihin the slice of a sweet potato, and a sharp paring knife
1. Peel and cut the sweet potato into 1/4 inch rounds. Using a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter,cut each round into a pumpkin shape. To cut out the eyes and mouths, use the paring knife.
2. On a parchment paper or silpat lined baking sheet, bake at 450’F [230 C’] for 35 minutes or more [depending on the thickness of slice] until all both sides are lightly browned and cooked inside. Then remove from oven.
3. On stove or microwave melt the butter and place in a small bowl, and mix the cinnoamon and sugar in a separate bowl.
4. Into the melted butter, dip each sweet potato round, and placing the round into the cinnamon sugar coating the jack-o-lanterns with cinnamon sugar.
5. Then on a rack place the rounds on a baking sheet to dry!
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com