Recipe by: Elsie Buer Simpy Recipes.com
- One 3-pound chuck roast, rinsed and dried
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes (preferably plum tomatoes)
- 1 18-ounce bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce (or 2 1/4 cups of your favorite sauce;
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 sandwich or hamburger buns
- Making the BBQ sauce with the tomatoes and onions in a large heavy pot heat the olive oil on medium heat, add the onions untill translucent about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes roughly chopping them in the pot. Then increase the heat for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Next add the beef roast and simmer on low heat for 3 hours. Bring the chuck to a low simmer and slowly cook till meat is very tender occasionally stirring about 3 hours.
- Remove the meat from the pot, and cut the meat with a fork and knive and separate into small pieces then set it aside.
- Turn up the heat to medium/medium high and uncover and reduce the liquid thick. till it is thick, to prevent buring remember to stir often.
- Last in the pan return the neat and liquid and thoroughly warm both. Add pepper and salt to taste serve on buns. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
- Yeild: makes 12 Sandwiches.
Artwork by: (c) Can Stock Photo / gnicolson